Home study abroad life at KU admissions mobility access news updates Science home




Back to Top

Home study abroad life at KU admissions mobility access news updates Science home


ilab-logo Undergraduate Admission to Faculty of Science


ilab-logo Graduate School admission

ilab-logo MEXT Scholarship Application through Japan Embassy

  1. Applicants must contact the Japan Embassy in your own country to obtain an application packet. The Graduate School and Faculty of Science do not have information regarding the application process for each country.
  2. Application deadline closes in early summer.
  3. Contact a professor(s) with whom you wish to study well in advance.
    Professors and administrators may not be available during summer when you need an acceptance letter from them to complete your application. Act early.

ilab-logo MEXT Scholarship Application through Kyoto University


ilab-logo General Admission for Privately Supported International Applicants

Self-supported students and students with non-governmental financial aid are called 
'shihi-ryugakusei' or privately supported international students. 

Admission Procedure varies by department for international applicants. 
First, contact the professor you wish to study with and obtain his/her agreement.


ilab-logo Scholarships and Financial Aid (other than MEXT)

Kyoto University does not provide any scholarships, but public organizations and private foundations offers various scholarships to international students.

Some applications are handled by department offices, and the others must be filed directly.
Do not send us inquiries about funding or financial aids as we do not handle applications or have information about them.

Scholarship may be awarded for those with superior scores on the Nihon Ryugaku Shiken, or Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) before they arrive in Japan. Read this for details.

Application after entering Kyoto University should be filied through the department office.

For information and application, ask your department office after you are admitted.

To see the list of available scholarships (external link by JASSO)


ilab-logo Application Packet

Graduate School of Science Admissions Office

with your name, intended major, intended course (masters or doctoral) and mailing address to obtain the packet.

ilab-logo Japanese Language Requirements


ilab-logo Housing


ilab-logo Further questions?


Back to iLab_Science home

Back to Graduate School & Faculty of Science home

Home study abroad life at KU admissions mobility access news updates Science home